More than 260 are killed and over 900 injured in a triple train crash in Odisha’s Balasore district on Friday evening.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is expected to visit the accident site on Saturday and then meet the injured at a hospital in Cuttack.
The accident was caused due to the derailment of 10 to 12 coaches of Shalimar-Chennai Coromandel Express, which fell on the opposite track. That is when the Bengaluru-Howrah Superfast Express collided with the derailed coaches. A goods train was also involved in the crash.
Union Railways Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw after visiting the accident site on Saturday has ordered a high-level probe into the massive train collision. The railway ministry has announced an ex-gratia of Rs 10 lakh to the kin of the deceased, Rs 2 lakh to those severely injured, and Rs 50,000 to those who sustained minor injuries.
- 22606 Villupuram-Purulia from Villupuram on 03.06.2023.
- 22641 Trivendrum-Kolkata Shalimar Express from Trivandrum on 03.06.2023.
- 12551 Bengaluru-Kamakhya Express from Bengaluru on 03.06.2023.
- 12864 Bengaluru-Howrah Express from Bengaluru on 03.06.2023.
- 12253 Bengaluru-Bhagalpur Anga Express from Bengaluru on 03.06.2023.
- 12838 Puri-Howrah Express from Puri on 03.06.2023.
- 18022 Khurda Road-Kharagpur Express from Khurda Road on 03.06.2023.
- 18046 Hyderabad-Shalimar Express from Hyderabad on 03.06.2023.
- 12704 Secunderabad-Howrah Falaknuma Express from Secunderabad on 03.06.2023.
- 08415 Jaleswar-Puri Spl from Jaleswar on 04.06.2023.
- 08412 Bhubaneswar-Balasore Special from Bhubaneswar on 03.06.2023.
- 08411 Balasore-Bhubaneswar Special from Balasore on 04.06.2023.
Diversion of Trains:
- 18420 Jayanagar-Puri Express from Jayanagar on 03.06.2023 will run via Joychandi Pahar-Chandil Junction-Bansapani-Jaroli-Jakhapura.
- 15630 Silghat Town-Tambaram Express from Silghat Town on 02.06.2023 will run via Asansol-Chandil-Rourkela-Jharsuguda-Titlagarh-Vizianagaram.
- 22644 Patna-Ernakulam Express from Patna on 02.06.2023 will run via Adra-Chandil-Chakradharpur-Rourkela-Jharsuguda-Titlagarh-Vizianagaram.