News and updates from across Odisha that happened on Oct 15. From news on Covid daily cases to unlock restrictions, and from weather updates to sports news, we have got you covered. Thanks for tuning in to this space on CityBuzz.click.
The Odisha government has decided to resume offline classes for class 11 and class 8 students from October 21 and 25 respectively, reported IANS.
* Cuttack City region registers 35 new Covid-19 cases and 53 recoveries, CMC has reported.
* Schedule for Covid vaccination drive under Berhampur Municipal Corporation. Refer to the tweet for details.
* Bhubaneswar reports 191 new Covid positive cases and 173 recoveries, BMC has reported in a tweet post.
* Khurda district recorded the highest number of fresh cases at 221, followed by Cuttack at 67, reported PTI.
* Boudh, Gajapati, Nabarangpur and Malkangiri districts did not report any new case.
* Nabarangpur became a Covid-free district with no active case.
* Online slot booking for Covid vaccine for Cuttack City region, both doses at 6 PM. Refer to the tweet for details.
* Odisha reported 467 Covid positive cases on Friday, of which 66 were in the 0-18 age category. In quarantine 271 and local contacts 196. Khurdha district reports maximum of 221 new cases.
* “Yesterday’s Low Pressure Area now lies over Northwest & adjoining Westcentral Bay of Bengal off south Odishanorth Andhra Pradesh coasts. The associated cyclonic circulation extends upto 5.8km above mean sea level tilting southwestwards with height,” Meteorological Centre (Bhubaneswar), said.
* Odisha reports five deaths on Friday due to Covid-19.
* The fuel price in Bhubaneswar saw a decrease of 16 paise on Friday, as the rate of petrol in the capital city was Rs 105.90 while diesel price was at Rs 102.22.
* In Cuttack the prices of petrol and diesel on Thursday were Rs 106.34 and Rs 102.65, respectively.