News and updates from across Odisha that happened on Oct 11. From news on Covid cases to unlock restrictions, and from weather updates to sports news, we have got you covered. Thanks for tuning in to this space on CityBuzz.click.
* No vaccination drive in Berhampur from Oct 12 to Oct 15.
* Cuttack city today reports 22 Covid positive cases and 33 recoveries, CMC has tweeted. While Bhubaneswar on Monday registered 159 cases and 167 recoveries.
“The cyclonic circulation over north Andaman Sea & neighbourhood persists and now extends upto 3.1 km above mean sea level. Since the cyclonic circulation is remaining practically stationary over the same region, the formation of Low Pressure Area is getting delayed.
“Under the influence of this cyclonic circulation, a Low Pressure is likely to form over East central Bay of Bengal & adjoing north Andaman sea around 13th Oct. It is likely to move WNW wards & reach south Odisha - north Andhra Pradesh coasts as a Well Marked Low around 15th Oct,” IMD said.
* For Puri region too, online slots for Covid-19 vaccination will open at 9 PM.
* Online slot booking of Covid-19 vaccine for Cuttack city will open at 6 PM. Refer to the tweet below for details.
* The fuel price in Bhubaneswar saw a slight increase of 34 paise on Monday, as the rate of petrol in the capital city was Rs 105.80 while diesel price was at Rs 102.04.
* In Cuttack the prices of petrol and diesel on Monday were Rs 105.71 and Rs 101.96, respectively.
* Odisha reports new Covid positive cases of 448, of which 59 are in the 0-18 age category. There were six fatalities.
* In quarantine, 259 cases and 189 are local contacts. Khordha reported the maximum of 208 Covid positive cases.