The news and updates from across Odisha that happened on Oct 9. From news on Covid cases to unlock restrictions, and from weather updates to sports news, we have got you covered. Thanks for tuning in to this space on CityBuzz.click.
* Cuttack city has reported 41 new Covid positive cases and 18 recoveries, CMC has tweeted. Meanwhile, Bhubaneswar has reported 216 Covid Positive cases in the last 24 hours, and 166 recoveries.
* Slots for tomorrow’s vaccination drive in Puri region will open at 9 PM tonight.
* The fuel price in Odisha saw a slight reduction of 23 paise on Saturday, as the rate of petrol in the capital city, Bhubaneswar was Rs 104.75 while diesel price was at Rs 100.85.
* In Cuttack the prices of petrol and diesel on Saturday were Rs 105.10 and Rs 101.19, respectively.
* Odisha on Friday reported 524 new Covid-19 cases.
* Of the 524 new cases, Khurda and Cuttack reported 325, which is 62 per cent of the total cases reported during the day.
* Bargarh, Boudh, Gajapati, Jharsuguda, Nabarangpur and Subarnapur districts did not report any new cases.
* Over 91.95 lakh people have so far been fully inoculated in the state with double dose of Covid-19 vaccine.