The news and updates from across Odisha that happened on Oct 7. From news on Covid cases to unlock restrictions, and from weather updates to traffic alerts and sports news, we have got you covered. Thanks for joining in to this space on CityBuzz.click.
* New guidelines issued by Cuttack Municipal Corporation for total number of persons allowed for functions such as marriage/death rituals/thread ceremony etc. Refer to the tweet below for details.
* Covid-19 vaccination drive will be conducted in Berhampur tomorrow. Refer to the tweet below for details.
* Bhubaneswar has reported 267 new Covid cases on Thursday and 144 recoveries, BMC has tweeted. Meanwhile, Cuttack city registered 31 new Covid cases and 34 recoveries, CMC has said in a tweet.
* Thunderstorm and lightning alert for the twin cities of Cuttack and Bhubaneswar.
* Online slot booking of Covid vaccines for Puri region will begin at 9 PM tonight. Refer to the tweet below for more details.
* Due to lack of stock, there would be limited inoculation at a few centres in the Cuttack Sadar region. Refer tweet below for details.
* No vaccination drive in Cuttack city tomorrow.
*582 people including 83 children tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 24 hours, pushing the tally to 10,29,994. Seven fatalities pushed the coronavirus death toll to 8,234.
*Khurda reported the highest 282 new cases followed by Cuttack (46).
*The rate of infection of children and adolescents in the age group of 0 to 18 years now is 14.26 per cent against the previous day’s 13.49 per cent.
*Boudh, Malkangiri, Nuapada, Rayagada and Angul, did not report any new cases in the last 24 hours.
*Khurda and Cuttack district together accounted for 56.35 per cent of the state’s new Covid cases.
*The daily test positivity rate (TPR) on Thursday stands at 0.75 per cent as 582 people tested positive out of the 76,717 samples tested on Wednesday.
*Odisha’s positivity rate stands at 5.03 per cent.
*The rate of petrol in the capital city, Bhubaneswar was Rs 104.57 on Thursday. While diesel price sold at Rs 100.51 per litre.
*In Cuttack the prices of petrol and diesel on Thursday were Rs 104.48 and Rs 100.42, respectively.
*Bhubaneswar has reported 111 new Covid positive cases and 166 recoveries on Wednesday, BMC has reported.
*In Cuttack city on Wednesday, there were 53 Covid positive cases and 44 recoveries, as reported by CMC.
*”A low pressure area is very likely to form over north Andaman Sea around 10th of October. It is likely to become more marked and move west-north-westwards towards south Odisha and north coastal Andhra Pradesh coast during subsequent 4-5 day,” says IMD.