Cuttack: Odisha Cricket Association (OCA) will conduct a talent hunt camp for spinners from April 27 to May 6 here, as part of OCA’s much ambitious programme VISION@2024.
Players between 15–30 years age group can enroll provided they would never have had represented Odisha in any age group category. A maximum of 300 players can enroll in the camp in a ‘first come, first serve’ basis.
The senior selectors, junior selectors and OCA’s newly appointed senior men’s head coach Dinesh Mongia will be monitoring the camp. The preliminary camp will be conducted in three batches, where 30 probable players will be part of the second phase.
Former India spinner Venkatapathy Raju will conduct a specific spinners’ camp in June where the 30 selected spinners will be trained by him in the second phase of the talent hunt programme.
OCA also informed that in future it is planning to conduct such camps by involving international players.
How to register for the camp:
- A player must register himself via filling up the google form
- The last date for submission of the online form is April 25 by 1:00 PM
- The camp will be conducted in three batches (1st batch– April 27-30, 2nd batch– May 1-3, 3rd batch– May 4-6)
- The date of reporting for a player is one day prior to the start date of the respective batch which he belongs (300 player list batch wise will be
published on all social media handles of OCA & OCA Website on April 25 evening)
- Players must carry their own cricket shoes & whites
- Must carry Identity proof, Birth Certificate & Residence Certificate
- A player should not be less than 15 years and more than 30 years old.