How to avail Odisha Government’s Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana
Odisha chief minister Naveen Patnaik last month launched the smart health card for Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana beneficiaries. Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana (BSKY) was introduced in 2018, a scheme of Odisha Health Department. The Odisha Government has initiated this scheme to help and provide health care benefits to those who are in need.
Application process for the scheme
To enroll your name in the scheme, you need to follow some steps
- Visit the official site of Biju Sawsthya Kalyan Yojana
- On the homepage, there will be an option ‘apply online’, click on that option
- A new page will open on the screen, where you will be asked some of your details such as your name, phone number, address. Fill in all the details carefully. After that, upload the required documents along with it
- You will see a submit button, after uploading the documents, click the submit button. One should keep in mind that while submitting one should check all the detailed information and documents very carefully and then only click the submit tab
For free health service at government hospitals, all the beneficiaries irrespective of their income, residence and status, are eligible.
For health insurance there are some detailed eligibility criteria that one should know. The insurance covers up to Rs 5 lakh per family and for women members it is up to 10 lakh every year. To avail these benefits one should fulfill certain criterion and conditions.
- The beneficiary should be a resident of Odisha
- They should hold a Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana Card
- They should also have Rashtriya Yojana Card
- They should be under BPL category and should have a BPL card
- They should be financially weak to avail this benefit (In rural areas, the income should be below Rs 50,000 every year and in urban areas it should be below Rs 60,000 every year).
Benefits and coverage
Under this scheme the government is going to provide Rs 5 lakh health insurance coverage to every family annually, thus around 3.5 crores people are going to benefit from the scheme.
All the people will get free treatment at government health care institutions under this scheme. The citizen can avail cashless treatment in the government and some empanelled hospitals. Around 4036 medical packages and 20 super specialty hospitals are already included under this scheme.
The documents which one will need at the time of filling out the form. Applicants should attach the documents along with other details.
- Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana Card
- Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana Card
- BPL (Below Poverty Level) Card
- Income Certificate
- Antyodaya Yojana Card
Odisha Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana was introduced on August 15 in 2018, with the purpose of free health care service, health insurance with a certain eligibility criterion so that the people who are in need can avail good treatment.
Under this initiative the infants and pregnant women are also provided Rs 500 whenever they visit public health institutions. The scheme covers health facilities and treatments such as free medicine, chemotherapy, free OT, free dialysis and free ICU in more than 200 hospital chains of the country.